In mid-October, 2017, the Friends of the Manhan Rail Trail invited candidates in Easthampton’s upcoming elections to share their views on issues related to the Manhan Rail Trail and its role in the community. Below are the questions:
1. In your view, what role does the Manhan Rail Trail play in Easthampton?
2. The Manhan Rail Trail is currently maintained by volunteers. Do you support the city taking a larger role in the maintenance of the Manhan Rail Trail? Please add any clarifying details.
3. Would you support creating safe, off-street routes to schools for all Easthampton school children by linking the Manhan Rail Trail to city schools (including the site of the potential new K-8 school)?
4. What is your opinion of the cityÕs Complete Streets policy adopted in May 2016? Detail ways you believe the city should implement this policy.
5. In considering the Bicycle Infrastructure Priorities of the Manhan Rail Trail Committee passed in May 2017, what bicycle infrastructure projects would you prioritize and why?